Salesforce’s Dreamforce 2016, has come and gone. The week-long networking bonanza filled with loads of breakout sessions, keynote speakers and hands-on training is truly an unforgettable event. Several members of Vertiba were on hand to showcase innovation and collaborate with customers and business partners. Here are some of the highlights from this year’s exciting event:
Breakout Session Success
Vertiba Co-Founder, Ted Battreall and Engagement Manager, Brian Henning teamed up with Publicis.Sapient to present the From Connected Health to Connected Well-being session. The session explored how Salesforce empowers human engagement that delivers on improved patient relationships and patient satisfaction.
Packed House For CU
The CU Student Success 2.0 solution was featured as part of the Salesforce.org Higher Education Kickoff. This Vertiba-implemented solution was showcased as one of the success stories by universities and drew a packed room of more than 2,000 people! The solution leveraged Salesforce in the higher education space to help students and empower their campuses.
MasterCard Masters Marketing Keynote
MasterCard’s customer experience was featured in the Salesforce for Marketing Keynote. The keynote addressed how MasterCard is using Pardot to create innovative and seamless customer journeys with their brand — from awareness and acquisition, to retention. Watch the video.
Shout Out From Alleghany
Alleghany College acknowledged the work Vertiba did in building their alumni community using Community Cloud. Gator Connect, the new online community, connects fellow alumni and students to not only each other, but job opportunities and job seekers as well. Thanks Alleghany. We enjoyed this Community Cloud project!
Say Cheese Dreamforce
Vertiba client, DigitalGlobe was featured in the keynote Quote-to-Cash Kickoff. This kick-off detailed how SteelBrick enables the delivery of sales quoting and order functionality directly in Sales Cloud. During the keynote, DigitalGlobe navigated one of their satellites over Dreamforce and captured an image 170 miles above the event. What? So cool!
Tech Session Recommendations
Want to review some of the technical sessions? Here are some suggestions from Vertiba Technical Architect, Chad Kelly:
- Sales Cloud Einstein LIVE: See How AI Accelerates Sales
- The Dark Art Of CPU Benchmarking
- Lessons Learned: Building a Hybrid Remote App with Communities and Ionic
- Salesforce Connect Custom Apex Adapters
- Lightning Component Development Best Practices
You can search for Dreamforce sessions and videos here.
It was great connecting with some of our clients in San Francisco including; Public Schools, DigitalGlobe, Colorado Department of Human Service, Colorado Governor’s Office of Information Technology, Washington Department of Early Learning, only to name a few.
Wait… There’s More. Fun Facts!
- Salesforce now boasts the fastest growing enterprise software developer community.
- Lightning Data Service is on the roadmap. This will make it easier to bind data with Salesforce Lightning components.
- Salesforce Connect now supports Salesforce-to-Salesforce connectivity and custom apex adapters.
- Salesforce Einstein will start to evolve over the next couple of releases starting with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud functionalities.
- The platform will eventually support machine learning and predictive analytics incorporating training and prediction algorithms.
And as always, we learned that we should only make Salesforce purchasing decisions based on currently available functionality.